Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that is very common worldwide. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that over 15 percent of Americans between the ages of 14 and 49 have HSV-2 infection, or much commonly known as genital herpes. And every year, more than 700,000 people are diagnosed with this disease.
Herpes is not considered a life-threatening condition, but it can be painful and annoying especially during outbreaks. It may also increase your risk of getting other sexually transmitted infections, such as HIV. Fortunately, there are several treatments available for you to be able to reduce its symptoms. If you find medical treatments for herpes to be expensive, you can try these natural home remedies to heal your sores.
- Take a warm bath. One of the simplest ways to alleviate the pain and discomfort of your sores is by taking a warm bath. The warm water can relieve the irritating skin, as well as help clean your skin better, which is very crucial for fighting the virus. You can also add Epsom salt to the water for faster healing. Just take extra care when bathing since soaking promotes shedding of the virus, which increases the risk of spreading it to someone else. After bath, make sure to also dry your skin thoroughly.
- Use a cold compress. Applying ice to the affected area is also an effective way to ease pain and itching, as well as reduce swelling. You can either apply an ice cube directly to the sore or wrap the ice in a bag before placing it over the area with infection. Just make sure that you use a clean towel or plastic bag every time you do this. Discard any plastic bag or towel after one use. You should also carefully watch the time when doing this home remedy as prolonged exposure can harm your skin and herpes sore. Only apple ice compress for about 10-15 minutes every 3-4 hours.
- Try herbs and other homemade remedies. There are also a lot of homemade solutions that are believed to be effective in accelerating the healing of sores and soothing any pain. Many people say that extract from the echinacea plant can boost the body immune system, which is great for fighting herpes virus. Applying lemon extract to the affected area is also believed to be useful in healing sores. Aloe vera juice and natural oils, such as olive and jojoba, are found to have special properties that can help treat the bacteria in the affected skin effectively. Baking soda and cornstarch are also found to have drying properties, which are essential for reducing irritation and faster healing.
- Apply creams with natural ingredients. If you can’t find any natural ingredient at home, or simply don’t have the time to make your own cream or ointment, you can try using over-the-counter topical treatments with natural ingredients, such as Dynamiclear. These are as effective as homemade remedies since they also contain natural ingredients. (Read out a full review of Dynamiclear here for more information about the effectiveness and use of this product.)
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. To dry up the sores and speed up the healing, it’s also important to wear loose-fitting clothing. This allows air to circulate effectively and keeps moisture away from the affected skin. Tight-fitting garment can make you sweat, which irritates the sores and makes them even worse.
Herpes can really be a distressing condition, but you shouldn’t feel worried for the rest of your life. By trying those remedies mentioned and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, you can certainly fight herpes and live normal like everyone else. Of course, we also recommend that you talk to your healthcare specialist for proper medical advice and better treatment.
Keep Animals Away from Your Garden
People who have gardens know how much hard work goes into building one. It is ...read more
What Is The Perfect Truck For Your Gardening Service?
Gardening and landscaping is a business that anyone can start quite easily and run successfully. ...read more
Taking Pictures and Shooting Video in Your Garden
There's something about the ethereal space under a blooming cherry tree. In the same way ...read more
Surprisingly Good Advantages of Gardening!
As technology is advancing, one would expect the world to progress regarding cleaner air and ...read more